Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Free E-book on Palestine

Pamela Olson (www.pamolson.org) is a young writer whose work I admire and she is offering a free electronic version of her new book "Fast Times in Palestine" through Amazon (www.amazon.com.) Ms. Olson studied physics at Stanford, but has managed to make a name for herself as a travel writer about Siberia, the Middle East and other relatively exotic places. I want to read her book on Siberia especially, and as soon as I can figure out the Kindle thing I will have a look at the one on Palestine.
The e-book revolution seems to be upon us, with unknown results. For the moment, though, there is a lot of good reading available either free or at very low cost. As far as writers go, this is quite a mixed blessing, but I guess we all have to join the fray sooner or later. My friend and former co-author Susan Lukowski has recently published a mystery book set in Georgetown, one of the posh parts of the District of Columbia, and it is available as an e-book on Amazon for a mere 99 cents. The title is "Death is in the Details" by Alex Winter, Susan's nom de plume for this book.
I'm working on a short travel e-book myself and will let you know as soon as it is published.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home