Thursday, February 28, 2013

Facebook Uber Alles?

I recently tried to check some hotel recommendations on TripAdvisor (www.tripadvisor.com,) and found the Website asking me whethermy email address was connected with a certain picture and Facebook account. Rather than answer, I decided to close the site, since I find this interaction between Websites kind of creepy.
A few months ago I found Couchsurfing (www.couchsurfing.org) trying to do the same thing, and again my response was just to close the site. Now I notice that Couchsurfing seems to have given up this practice, and I am glad.
I have never signed up with Amazon (www.amazon.com) because I find their practice of recommending books for you based on the books you are searching very invasive. I realize that all these sites are free, and I suppose these interconnections are a way of trying to monetize their users. I wonder who well it works. In my case, I have just decided to skip TripAdvisor for now, or just check it at the library or on someone else's computer.
I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has had similar experiences, and if so how you reacted. Perhaps I am just being over-sensitive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyhow, the Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer is unique from the
feeling that it's not a normal exercise application but a specific one particular which helps various folk attain their diverse health and fitness targets. Yes we would like muscle, but in the right way, and gaining lean muscle without fat is the key to doing this. In general, there is no doubt that the program Kyle Leon is a popular muscle building system for a good reason and this is definitely one of the most individual nutrients and online training programs today.

Here is my blog ... muscle maximizer Reviews

5:02 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home