Saturday, March 26, 2016

Work-Study Pilot Training at Jet Blue

If your favourite way to travel is in the cockpit but you don't have the funds to finance your own training, which can be very expensive, consider a new initiative of http://www.jetblue.com. It offers the opportunity to undertake a pilot training program that lasts four years and guarantees employment if you complete it successfully. Student pilots also have the chance to earn a salary as entry-level flight instructors through an arrangement with CAE.

To qualify, you need to be at least 23 years old and eligible to work in the United States. The program is designed to increase the diversity of the airline's pilots, while attracting top-level recruits. No previous aviation experience is needed or expected.

I learned about this program through an article on http://www.pilotcareernews.com, which seems to be a very useful site for anyone who is or wants to be a pilot. A number of other airlines are also conducting recruiting drives.

Yes, I would be interested, but by the time the training is over I'd be past pilot retirement age, I'm afraid. I loved the one flying lesson I took, but like so many people I didn't have the resources to continue. Good to know this need no longer be a problem, provided you have "the right stuff."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home